Monday, March 14, 2011

about this blog

My aim is to share simple, home-cooked, and time-friendly meals for families who are more interested in spending time together than spending it in line at McDicks, in a grocery store, or over a hot stove. 
The recipes and tips I share are generally easy, generally frugal, and generally healthy, but by no means am I a purist, a coupon-pusher, short-cutter, or calorie-counter.  Gimmicks aren’t my thing.  I do aim to eat real, minimally-processed foods whenever possible.  You’ll find some convenience foods used in my recipes on occasion, however, they are used sparingly.  Reducing your consumption of prepackaged, processed foods decreases the amount of sodium, calories, preservatives, and other unpronounceable wtfs that you probably shouldn’t be eating anyway.
Third-ish, I have a son who has several food allergies, and many of the recipes you’ll find on this site are (or can be) dairy-free, egg-free, and peanut-free.  I’ll share some of these tips in each of those recipes but feel free to ask questions in your comments, or even better, provide your own suggestions!
And finally, this blog isn’t meant to be a hard-and-fast food site.  A bit of miscellany will be thrown in for good measure.  My other interests include sewing, crafts, running, sleeping, potty humor, and my too-good-to-be-true family.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to more of your potty humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you haven't had enough of it over the last 15 or so years? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's AWESOME that you started a blog! Besides, you always crack me up ;-)

    ReplyDelete