Thursday, June 9, 2011

meal list thursday

It's too hot to cook.  It's too hot to do anything.  Why did I plan for soup on a week with "Dangerously High Heat" according to weather.com?  Stupid.  Anyway, my advice is for you to eat it a few days from now, when temps are in their usual low-90s.  Or maybe this weekend when it's raining.  Or maybe you live in another state altogether and you could give two hoots what kind of weather we're having. 

Anyway, this is one of my favorite soups.  A light, incredibly full-flavored, summertime soup.  If there is such a thing. 

Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime (courtesy of www.allrecipes.com)
Sidenote: I add 2 avocados instead of one, puréed with a bit of broth before adding to the soup.  I also add an obscene amount of cilantro, top with monterey jack, and sub regular tortilla chips for the toasted tortillas.  You will love it.

Beef and Bean Burritos (courtesy of The Pioneer Woman) served with sliced bell peppers and guacamole

Greek Salad with Chicken  (Recipe, here.)


I must stop now.  The hyperlinking is out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment