Thursday, June 2, 2011

meal list thursday: grillmaster's edition

Ah, summertime.  Freaking forget about spring, y'all.  We're in St. Louis of MO.  If the sweat isn't dripping down our backs and into our underpants then we must be having an ice storm.  There is no happy medium. 

But one happy thing about the season is that we use our grill as much as we possibly can.  I got Eric a charcoal grill/smoker last year for Father's Day after our old gas grill 1) needed repair and 2) became a homeless shelter for baby mice.  You can understand why we opted to get a new one.  And I use it to my advantage, natch.  Forget about just planning a week's worth of meals at once; we grill a week's worth of meals at once.  And by "we" I mean Eric.  Because he is the grillmaster. 

For all you naysayers out there, listen up: this is why we use our freezer.  Grill, freeze, eat in a few days.  It takes just an hour or so to grill everything, and in turn it frees up your weeknight evenings considerably.  And that is a glorious thing.  Just try it!  You will become a convert.

I must be on some kind of wicked sausage kick and I hope you don't mind.  Sausage = yummy.  But don't ye fret, this will all balance out someday when I am pregnant again and won't want anything to do with meat.  Or vegetables.  Or fruit.  Oh yes, that time will come and when it does you will know, because my menu will look like this:

Plate Of Fries
Pancakes
Spaghetti-O's
Fruity Pebbles

But  I digress.  Here is this week's meal list, with recipes here.  I know, I know.  The list above would be way better.

Italian Sausage and Mushroom Pizza
Grilled Chicken Thighs, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli Spears
Sweet Orange Salmon, Rice, and Zucchini-Squash Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment