Friday, May 27, 2011

home

My trip to Florida was awesome!  It was nice to spend time with my parents and siblings eating, goofing off, eating, beaching, eating, and laughing.  However.  Because of the weather our flight home was interrupted, re-routed, cancelled, rescheduled, and thrice-delayed, resulting in a 20 hour wait.  My sister and I spent way too much time in the Killeen-Fort Hood military airport where apparently this happened but Eric decided to keep mum about it until we were safely home.  We were also generously offered an overnight stay at the Bates Motel single-star Fort Hood LaQuinta Inn where probably more murders happened (I asked them, anyway), and we requested 3 different rooms because 1) the first room was uber-dirty, 2) the second room's door was ajar and let's face it, that's where killers lurk, and 3) because we are divas. 

But back to the trip: Eric is a prince for encouraging me to go, to spend several days away from him and the kids so that I could relax, take a break, and have fun with my family.  I decided NOT to miss him and the kids like crazy and instead fully enjoyed the trip as to not do his awesomeness a disservice by being miserable the whole time.  My oldest sister and I took a flight while the rest of the family drove and I am forever grateful for her company. 




What I looked forward to the most was the thought of sitting on the beach for hours on end with nothing but a book, a chair, and the sound of the ocean, as well as the prospect of getting superfat on seafood.  But what I ended up enjoying the most (besides the crab cakes and fried green tomatoes) was sitting around the patio table with them each morning and evening, listening to my parents share stories from their past and engaging in lots and lots of small, small-ish, and not-so-small talk.  I was my usual hilarious self and they all ate it up like candy.  Go ahead and ask them, they couldn't get enough of me!  They made a nickname for me and everything.




What I will not miss is 4 uninterrupted days of countless opportunities to take what we call "sister pictures."  OMG I never want to take another "sister picture" again, as our vanity has reached new extremes and we just might explode from our own awesomeness.  Becki and Allie, it's a good thing you weren't there as your prettiness would've killed us all.  We'll photoshop you into the photos, don't worry.

omgsisterpicture!

No comments:

Post a Comment