Thursday, May 19, 2011

meal list thursday & more

Do you ever have one of those moments where you have this nagging feeling that you screwed up royally on something and there's nothing you can do to remedy the situation?  Maybe you have felt like someone's perception of you was totally off-base, but now you're wondering if maybe your perception of that person is totally off and you're all, "Ohcrap, am I the one who's in the wrong here?" 


Sometimes I feel this tug-and-pull in life, my outlook shuttling back and forth between authenticity and cynicism, sympathy and apathy, patience and frustration.  One minute I am near tears thinking about all of the blessings in my life, the beauty in my children's faces, how I see God in all of the tiny and perfect details in the world around me.  Then literally the next minute I find myself thinking: "So-and-so's attitude is totally annoying and why the H can't they see how RUDE they are being?!?  As-freaking-IF!" 


I think I am having one of those weeks.  And what I am trying to make myself remember this time is to not dust off my pants, throw my hands in the air and say, "Ah well, lesson learned, I'll move on now." Then five minutes later forget the lesson because A) I was interrupted by my child, B) some ridiculous driver on the highway is actin' a fool, or C) there is a wicked song playing on KDHX right now. 


Luckily, I'm hopping a plane come Saturday and parking my butt on the beach for 4 days, sans hubby and kids.  I think it'll be a great opportunity rest my brain, eyes, and bones, and catch up on "me" time.  (As if FBing for 2 hrs/night doesn't count as "me" time.)  At any rate, I'm looking forward to backing out of the rat race for a few days, disconnecting myself from the day-to-day, and hopefully reflecting on a few things as well, like figuring out how to get off my dang high horse.  In between reading, tanning, shopping, and parasailing, obviously.


At any rate, I realize that this is a bit heavy-handed for a weeknight, so I'll stop being a buzzkill.  Please return next week for regularly scheduled hilarity.  Y'all are awesome for listening.  Here is this week's menu:


Pizza with Bacon, Tomatoes, Spinach, and Mushrooms
Grilled Veggie Sandwiches and Sweet Potato Fries
Chili Mac (I don't care if it's 90 degrees outside, I DIG chili)


Recipes, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment