Friday, May 13, 2011

meal list thursday

...posted on a Friday.  Sorry, y'all. 

I have never been so happy for a week to end.  It wasn't awful or stressful in any way, but it has been busy and I am just tired.  It seems like every night is committed to one shenanigan or the other: running, gardening, laundry night, guitar practice, etc.  It's been so busy, in fact, that I deemed it acceptable to skip HousecleaningThursday last week, and GroceryStoreFriday tonight.  It's practically unheard of.  However, I am thankful that we have the ability to fit our hobbies into our schedules and still have time to live the dream.  So I'll stop squawking.

The other night I said to Eric in a bout of mid-evening exhaustion that I want nothing more than to have his babies, cook his dinner, and clean his house.  He said, "Is that it?"  No, it's not.  I definitely would want to include naps and ice cream, too.  Being a SAHM would be the sweetest gig ever. 

Man, if I stayed home I would be all:


But I would tell Eric I would be:


But in reality it would probably be something more like:



So I guess I better stick with what I got for the time being.  Without further adieu, the menu:

Spicy Caprese Pasta
Top Sirloin Steak, Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus
Bleu Cheese Turkey Burgers with Oven Fries

Recipes, here.

1 comment:

  1. Well you totally are right about the SAHM. Your husbands think you are like this amazing super hero but in all honesty its like a mad house while they are at work. and some how everything thing seems to be done...or at least seems that way... by the time they get home.

    ReplyDelete