Sunday, January 1, 2012

well helloooooo january

Happy New Year, y'all!


Or not quite: it's 11:42pm on the eve of 2012.  I'm eating obscene amounts of pub cheese, drinking pinot grigio, and watching Austin City Limits.  Hecks yes, that's how I ring in the new year.  I wish I was cooler, but alas I am not.


As you may have noticed, it has been awhile since I've kept up on this old beast.  Just call it the worst case of burn-out since, say, my entire high school career.  When I smoked weed and proudly maintained a C average.  Holler.


2011 has really been a year of recognizing priorities, looking to the future, and realizing the importance of keeping a positive attitude.  It's been a challenge and is obviously still a work in progress, but I've realized that despite my dream of being a stay-at-home-mother, I am blessed in many ways for having the job that I have.  I work for a great company with hilarious and kind people.  My kids have clean socks and underwear and get their hair cut on time.   We take vacations on an annual basis (if not more often), and our health is good.  Our cars are paid off, we're making our house the best it can be, we love each other, and our children are beautiful and wonderful.  Asking for more would just be greedy.


Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment