Wednesday, November 16, 2011

it's better to burn out than to fade away (name that quote)

I've got burn-out.  Like nobody's business.

Since the race (like 3 weeks ago!) I've been dragging, dragging, draaaagging.  We took a week "off" after the race and ignored house projects, exercising, and any other unnecessary activities, and it's been super difficult getting up and going again.  I feel like I'm doing the bare minimum and sometimes not even that. 

So even though I pressed on in my race training and hit my PR, I feel like I'm barely keeping pace with everything else.  I haven't put on my running shoes in weeks and I find myself having a date with the couch every night.  I also started a new position at work and now as trainee I am uber-conscious of the fact that I'm a sloooow little newbie. 

The holidays are quickly approaching with Lila's birthday just a few weeks after.  My God, why didn't I plan her birthday in August like I did in good ol' 2010?  Simpler times, y'all.



Lessons learned I guess.  Now excuse me while I polish off a bag of sweet potato chips.  In my bed.

I'm disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment