Monday, November 7, 2011

meal list thursday

It's been a good couple of weeks.

We're back on track with the basement and holy cow, I'm pretty sure it's gonna get done before the end of the year.  Keep your fingers crossed and pray to Jesus with me that it does!  I'm super excited about the extra living space and I get all giddy thinking about how soonverysoon I'll get to reorganize the main level of our house and put everything back where it's supposed to go instead of tripping over Rubbermaid bins, random boxes, and misplaced toys.

And if I really let my mind go there I can daydream about all the ways I'd like to update and redecorate our house.  You know, if I'd found a hidden bag of cash in the basement rafters.  Or if Craig from Craigslist would just be a good friend and hook me up with awesome stuff in the Free section. 

(Tangent: have you ever READ the stuff in the Free section?  It provides me with much entertainment.  Like this post, and this and this and this.  These people/posts just make me laugh.  God love 'em.)

It's also been a good couple of weeks because I have officially transitioned to a different role at work.  I enjoyed my previous position as well, but I'm kinda pleased that I was chosen to do something different.   So now I just have to remind myself not to screw up royally. 


This week's meal list:

Grilled Top Sirloin Steak and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Breasts With Cheddar Mustard Sauce and Steamed Broccoli (omg)
Pan-Grilled Salmon, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and Parmesan Tomatoes

Recipes here.  Remember: these recipes will make enough food for 2+ people for 2+ meals.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious how much do your kids like salmon? I plan on making some salmon burgers for lunch this week and I'm praying the girls like it. I want to include salmon in our diet more often but two toddlers, not sure how that will go over.
    Trena

    ReplyDelete