Thursday, November 3, 2011

meal list thursday: lessons learned (and TGINovember)

It's been a nice, quiet week.  We've had few commitments the last week or two which has given us a bit of time to chill out on the couch, enjoy a few Halloween festivities (and eat lots of halloween "nandy" as Lila calls it), and act like normal people NOT trying to race against the clock.

Next time?  We'll not refinish a basement whilst mutually training for a half-marathon, training on alternating nights for 2+ months.  So long, long runs.  I miss my couch, I miss my kids, and I miss FB my husband.  But he has a rock-solid hot bod now (and he's sporting a new tattoo) so I'll shut my trap.   

And now that it's November, I have some Very Important Goals:
     1) sign up for Pinterest.  Invite me please.
     2) online-Christmas-shop until my fingers bleed.
     3) help Eric finish the basement.  Like for real finish this time.

(which segues to...)

Man, our basement is CRUSTY!  Earlier today I was on all fours scrubbing the concrete floors and cursing the previous owners when I realized: Uh-oh, we've owned this house for 7+ years so it's *kinda* our fault that it's still dirty. 

Next time?  I'll not buy a 70+ year-old house.  Nevermind that.  It's clean now, or at least that's what I'll tell you.  I have other things to tend to.  Like this week's meal list:

Braised Balsamic Chicken over Rice with Steamed Broccoli
Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Garden Salad (waaay down the list)

Recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment