Monday, August 8, 2011

overheard

The other day, while baking 'nola bars for the millionth time in my life, Finn said something so funny to me that I keep replaying in my head and laughing about.

It was Saturday evening (yes, this is my life) and I was trying to throw a quick batch together before bed so that we'd have breakfast the next morning before church.  I mixed in some dried cranberries and pulled a bag of shredded coconut from the fridge.  Right about that moment Finn came in wanting a snack, and I dropped a few coconut shavings in his mouth like I was a doting and dutiful little mommy birdie giving her chirpy little boy a snack.  He ran off to our bedroom again and continued with his latest obsession, Microsoft Word.


Pretty soon he was back into the kitchen wanting more "white stuff."  Then back to the laptop to push AB34AB34AB34AB34AB34AB34 or maybe this time he was experimenting with the Shift button.  Because, you know, it makes a star if you push it when you push the 8.

After 2 or 3 running sprints to the kitchen he finally popped in and exclaimed, "Mom, I need more white things in my mouth like lot of 'em."  At which point I just gave him the rest of the bag as a prize for racking up 16837650583635 cute points.

No comments:

Post a Comment