Thursday, October 20, 2011

meal list thursday: MLB edition

Dang y'all, it's the World Series.  And we are THERE!  To celebrate this momentous occasion (and drawing inspiration from my brother who also prepared baseball-themed dinners last week during the playoffs), I will create a meal plan loosely based on our national favorite pasttime: watching the St. Louis Cardinals.  ;)


Here is this week's meal plan:

Pretzel-Wrapped Hotdogs, fresh sliced vegetables, and Oven Fries (I was going to follow this recipe for the hotdogs until I realized that refrigerated pretzel dough is on sale this week at Aldi.  So I'll just use that instead of making my own dough.  I'll let you know if I fail miserably.  Yes, I'll be following this recipe.  More power to you if your Aldi store still has pretzel dough in stock.) 

Slow-Cooker Spicy Chicken Nachos (Recipe here.  Serve over chips, top with queso, and garnish with diced peppers and jalapenos to get your quota of vegetables.)

St. Louis Style Thin-Crust Veggie Pizza with Provel Cheese  (Recipe here.)


Go Cards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment