Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HAPPY 31RTHDAY!

Today is Eric's birthday. Somewhat ironically, I have taken the day off work but he has not.  I get to relax and hang out with the kids on HIS birthday.  It's twisted but it works to my advantage.

Most years I make cheesecake for him.  This year I opted to make Dark Chocolate Extra Stout Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Whipped Cream.  Quite the mouthful, and I haven't even eaten one yet.



It's really quite easy: you use your favorite chocolate cake mix, add stout in place of the water, and stir in chopped chocolate.  The recipe calls for Guinness beer but I find that Guinness leaves a bit to be desired in the taste department.  So I used Schlafly Oatmeal Stout instead.  Yum!

Eric took a dozen to work with him to share with his team.  I hope they enjoy these as much as they did the last time Eric shared cupcakes at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment