Thursday, October 13, 2011

meal list thursday: what big squash you have



Yes, I am still trying to use up the bounty of summer squash that was bestowed upon me by our kids' babysitter.  But I ain't complainin'!  She occasionally gets extra produce from a friend and passes it along to me, knowing I won't let it go to waste.  She knows me well. ;)  It's always a nice surprise when I pick up the kids on a Monday afternoon and she has a bag of squash waiting for me.   

Here is this week's meal list:

Stuffed Peppers
Italian Roasted Sausage & Squash
Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
Chicken Croquettes served with Salad  (Recipe here.  I used shredded chicken from a batch of Sticky Chicken and froze the rest for another time.)


Recipes here.  (Italian Roasted Sausage & Squash waaay down the list.)

1 comment:

  1. This is my absolute favorite zucchini bread recipe. I freeze a bunch of shredded zucs so I can make it all winter long!

    http://bookshelvesofdoom.blogs.com/bookshelves_of_doom/2010/08/still-swimming-in-zucchini.html

    ReplyDelete