Thursday, September 15, 2011

meal list thursday & my downward spiral

So I take back what I said last week about not being worried about the half-marathon I signed up for which is just FIVE WEEKS AWAY.  I take it all back!  I'm freaking out!  Lately I can't seem to squeeze in training more than twice a week... which is hecka worse than where I was in my training this time last year. 

Besides, I CAN'T do worse than I did last year!  I just can't!  Not only did I get beat by a teenager in a wheelchair and a soldier in full army gear (with his backpack and everything and with all due respect to both), I didn't wear a watch to help keep me on pace and ended up averaging like 15 minute miles.  I'm barely exaggerating.  Not to mention, I couldn't walk for two days afterwards. 

ugh.

Not only that but I seem to be gaining weight faster than you can say "birthday cake" and it is of utmost importance that I run off some of these fat cells STAT. My pants-tightness is embarrassing.  I need Jillian Michaels or Richard Simmons or SOMEONE to bust me into shape. 

I run so that I can eat yummy food for dinner and theoretically not worry as much about the calories.  Here is this week's meal list: 

Spaghetti Bolognese, Garlic Bread, and Roasted Green Beans
Hearty Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder (omg, found here)
Fried Chicken Salad

Recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment