Thursday, September 22, 2011

meal list thursday

This week is on more of a steady pace than the last few, and I am grateful for the small amount of downtime.  Although we are super blessed for the reasons we've been so busy: celebrating Finn's 4th birthday, organizing his party, and enjoying a weeklong visit from Eric's family while they helped transform our basement into something that resembles a clean, comfortable, future-living-space.  I've been taking pictures of the progress and I CAN'T WAIT to see and enjoy the end result!

And so this week we rest.  Sort of.  I've had the time to race-train a couple of times and I'm determined to get myself on track with where I should be in my training.  Wish me luck-- I have no doubt that I can survive the distance (with or without pooping my pants), but rather, survive the 'hood.  While the side-streets in my neighborhood are nice and hilly, it's pitch-dark by the the time I get outside and killers and thugs can hide out anywhere.  Even behind Woofies.  So Killers and Thugs, I'd appreciate it if you could lie low until after race day.  Thanks.


Here is this week's meal list:

Slow-Cooker Pot Roast, Baked Potatoes, and Green Beans
Crispy Lemon Tilapia with Rice and Broccoli
Smoked Porkloin with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus (Eric usually cooks the meat the evening before so that it has plenty of time on the smoker.)

Recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment