Thursday, September 8, 2011

meal list thursday: ramblings

Fall has arrived!  The weather this week has been absolutely beautiful.  The temp has gone down, leaves have started falling from the trees, the sun shines golden, and the air has life in it.  I know this because I stare out the window from the 2nd floor of my building and watch the cars race by on I-270. 


This also means that I have to officially begin training for the half-marathon I've signed up for which is just six weeks away.  But it's OK, man, it's OK.  I'm not worried.  The weather no longer makes me want to punch Mother Nature in the face OR fall over and die, so I'm more than happy to go on my long solitary runs 3x/week.  I'll catch up in no time.

I have another excuse for not getting my butt into gear 6 weeks ago to start training: the summer started off busy enough with our day-to-dayness, intensified by the beginnings of a basement remodel, Eric's church commitments, and a stack of books on reserve at the library, all of which (naturally) became available right around the same time.  Now we're neck-deep in basement debris with no end in sight, planning our little boy's 4th birthday party, and, natch, I decided it's the right time to refinish a big-boy bed for his birthday present.  (Yeah for a $50 Craigslist Special!  Twofer at that!  However, my arms and hands hate me for it.) 


I'll stop rambling.  Here's this week's meal list:

Apple-Sausage Rigatoni
Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
Beef & Broccoli over Brown Rice

Recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment