Thursday, September 1, 2011

meal list thursday

Somehow this Labor Day weekend has become a self-fulfilling prophesy because it's going to be full of all kinds of work.  For whatever reason I have a half-dozen things I'd told myself to accomplish in 4 days' time (using PTO on Friday, OH yeah!), which includes: refinishing a bed, making party favors and other planning for Finn's upcoming birthday party, cleaning out my dining room, and helping Eric work on our basement.   I'm also going to talk Eric into backyard-camping with Finn so I can surf the internet for as long as I want and eat all the junk food in the house.  And I am sure that I'm forgetting something... Shower?  Church?  Child-rearing?  It's gonna be a busy weekend. 

Stupid.  I'd love to just order takeout to make things easier.  But that would quickly eat up the $76 surprise check that I just received from Verizon for overcharging me back in 2006 for Godknowswhat.  Yes, I am just now getting that reimbursement check.  Thank you, Verizon.

What are your plans for this Labor Day weekend?  Maybe you should host a BBQ and invite your favorite Francesca.  Otherwise, here's what I think I'll be making:


BBQ Pork Steaks, Mexican Corn, and Coleslaw
Grilled Chicken Legs, Randy's Dandies Baked Beans, and Sautéed Broccoli
Summer Vegetable Pizza

Recipes here.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment